Following my election two years ago, I published “Audacious Goals to Turn M-C Around,” which I have continued to keep updated so that you could hold me accountable to my promises and evaluate how well I have lived up to my own standards.
In addition to those audacious goals, following are just a few of the other accomplishments that further illustrate how serious I was about turning our city around!
- By actually upholding our City’s standards we’ve taught developers how to treat us!
- Holding our ground by taking a stand against apartments/townhomes/ MUD by giving Rockwall 4,000-acres of our ETJ.
- The good ole boy & related party structure at city hall has ended.
- The era of elected officials honoring themselves has ended!
- The creation of citizen surveys amplifies the voice of the people.
- I’m the first Mayor to present a State of the City address (actually two)!
- Consumption tax-increase; voters got to decide!
- City fees now favor citizens over developers.
- The financial turnaround for our city started when I became Mayor!
- Repeal of the septic system ordinance ended a needless cost to homeowners.
I trust and pray that voters will look at facts of evidence for themselves to determine whether or not my actions have lived up to standards that I campaigned on two years ago and that I continue to campaign on today.
The only way that Wayne Orchard and I can be defeated in this election is 1) for those running against us to lie about our record and 2) for those who support the direction we’ve led our city not to vote. Overwhelmingly, the opposition has fulfilled the first step, which is why I hope that we can overcome the second.
If you are a voter of M-C I am asking for your vote to keep me as your mayor, Wayne Orchard as your councilman and elect Melody Osorio to the City Council on Saturday!